Mission Statement: The Lowell High School Lettermen’s club believes in the core values of servant leadership, character, and commitment in all aspects of their lives. It is our goal to demonstrate these values while making a positive impact within our school, sports, and community.
As the L-Club, we demonstrate these values throughout contributions to Special Olympics Indiana, local Angel Trees, and fundraising to support our numerous philanthropic activities. Members are expected to be active in the community and contribute their time towards planning, organizing, and running these events. In addition to these causes, L-Club members also attend IHSAA and NCC conference meetings that focus on the development of our core values. These missions and activities make the LHS L-Club one of the most prestigious Letterman’s Clubs in the region.
L-Club seeks to recruit members from diverse sporting backgrounds with an emphasis on core values rather than athletic performance. With these values and missions in mind, our applicants should uphold the following:
- Servant leadership: Leadership with a selfless goal of benefiting those around you rather than yourself.
- Character: Integrity, honesty, and empathy.
- Commitment: Dedication to our mission and the will to make sacrifices in order to achieve those goals.
- Be a member of a Lowell High School Athletic Team in good standing
- Maintain academic eligibility
- Have a positive Coach reference
- Have a positive Teacher reference
- Complete the application, questions and essay
Applicants are expected to be interested in the Letterman’s club because they want to contribute to our mission and not because they want to add on to their résumé.
The L-Club is currently taking applications for any current 9th, 10th or 11th grader who is interested in being in the L-Club and meet the above criteria.
You may print off an application by clicking HERE or stop by the athletic office to pick up a hard copy.
Applications need to be turned into the Athletic Office by March 29th at 8:00 am.